The aim of the study in the article is the identification and conceptual analysis of the main essential features for the development of territories in the tourism sector based on a systemic approach. The relevance of the theme, along with the high request of the practice, is because of a systematic approach holistically and comprehensively allows addressing this range of problems. In the first part of the article, the author examines the main models of development of tourist areas; special attention is paid to the classical model of development by R. Butler and its modification through the prism of chaos theory. There is identified the cyclic and wave nature of development of the tourist areas. In the second part of the article the author reveals the essential components for the development of tourist areas through the answers to the following questions: what develops (elements of the tourism system, their interaction and the system itself), what is the result of transformation, what are the transformations and which medium develops, what are the factors/ forces of development, what is the relation- ship between mediums and factors of change, what are the strategies of the mediums and factors regarding the arising interactions. For each component of the development the author, based on his own experience, shows the essence and the conceptual content, which together allow the system to provide the development of tourist areas. Special attention is paid to the technological structure of the tourism system, as well as the main stages of formation of tourist experiences of travelling. The study uses the following methods and approaches: system- atic method, analysis, synthesis, induction, deduction, abstraction, modeling, descriptive and comparative methods. The novelty of the work is the firstly conducted research in the essential conceptual and substantive sections of the underlying issues/components of the development of tourist territories. The identification and reference dimensions for the actual material specific area allows a system approach to show their development and outputs of the research with conceptual and methodological levels in the application, providing the appropriate tools for experts of this sphere.
impression, experience, tourism, tourist system, development
1. Aleksandrova A. Yu. Noveishee predstavlenie o sfere turizma kak sisteme [The latest performance of the tour- ism sector as a system] // Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma [Service and Tourism: Current Chal- lenges]. 2014. № 1. P. 24–38. Александрова А.Ю.
2. Geografiya turizma [Geography of tourism] / Editor A. Yu. Aleksandrova. M.: KNORUS, 2013. 592 p.
3. Kaverin S.B. Motivatsiya truda [Labor motivation]. M: Izd-vo «Institut psikhologii RAN», 1998. 224 p.
4. Pain Dzh. B., Gilmor Kh. Dzh. Ekonomika vpechatlenii [Experience economy. Work]. Rabota. M.: Vil’yams, 2005. 304 p.
5. Sarancha M.A. Potentsial i organizatsiya razvitiya turizma v Udmurtskoi Respublike: geograficheskii analiz i otsenka na osnove geograficheskikh informatsionnykh sistem: monografiya [Potential and organization of tourism development in the Udmurt Republic: geographical analysis and assessment based on geographic information systems: monograph]. Izhevsk: Izd-vo «Udmurtskii universitet», 2011. 220 p.
6. Sarancha M.A. Turistskii potentsial territorii: problematika opredeleniya sushchnosti i struktury [Tourist po- tential of a territory: the problematics of defining the essence and the structure] // Vestnik Udmurtskogo universiteta. Seriya «Biologiya. Nauki o zemle» [Bulletin of Udmurt University. Series “Biology and Earth sciences”]. 2015. Ed. 6–1. P. 134–140.
7. Urmantsev Yu.A. Devyat’ plyus odin etyud o sistemnoi filosofii. Sintez mirovozzrenii [Nine plus one sketch about the system philosophy. The synthesis of worldviews.]. M: In-t kholodinamiki, 2001. 160 p.
8. Urmantsev Yu.A. Tselostnye, netselostnye, tselostno-netselostnye, «nebytiinye» svoistva ob”ektov-sistem [Integral, non-integral, integrally non-integral, “non-living” properties of objects-systems] / Sbornik 5 Mezhdunarodnogo foruma po informatizatsii [Collection of the 5th International forum on Informatiza- tion]. M., 1996.
9. Yudin E.G. Sistemnyi podkhod i printsip deyatel’nosti. Metodologicheskie problemy sovremennoi nauki [Sys- tematic approach and principle of activity. Methodological problems of modern science]. M.: Nauka, 1978.
10. Agarwal S. The resort cycle revisited: Implications for resorts // Progress in tourism, recreation and hospital- ity management / edited by C.P. Cooper, A. Lockwood. Chichester: Wiley, 1994. Vol.5. P. 194–208.
11. Brouder P. Tourism Development in Peripheral Areas: Processes of Local Innovation and Change in North- ern Sweden. Doctoral thesis thesis, Mid Sweden University. 2013. 260 p.
12. Butler R.W. The concept of a tourist area cycle of evolution: implications for management of resources // Canadian Geographer, 1980. V. 24. № 1.
13. Butler R. The Tourism Area Life Cycle Volume 1: Applications and Modifications. Aspects of Tourism. Har- vard, 2006. 392 p.
14. Gössling S., Hall C.M., Weaver D. Sustainable Tourism Futures: Perspectives on Systems, Restructuring and Innovations, Routledge, New York. 2009. 320 p.
15. Hall C.M., Page S. The Geography of Tourism and Recreation: Environment, Place and Space. London: Routledge, 2006. 530 p.
16. Lovelock B., Lovelock K. The Ethics of Tourism: Critical and Applied Perspectives. London, United King- dom: Routledge, 2013. 384 p.
17. Lundgren J.O.J. The tourist frontier of Nouveau Quebec: functions and regional linkages // Tourist Review. 1982. V. 37. № 2. P. 10–16.
18. Mill R.C., Morrison A.M. The Tourism System. New York: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2012. 444 p.
19. Pearce D.G. Tourism today. A geographical analysis. Harlow, Essex, England: Longman Scientific & Techni- cal; New York, NY: Wiley, 1995. 202 p.
20. Plog S.C. Leisure Travel: Making It a Growth Market… Again! N.Y.: Wiley, 1991.
21. Williams S., Lew A. Tourism Geography: Critical Understandings of Place, Space and Experience. London: Routledge, 2014. 328 p.